Alberta Environment and Parks has determined that, in compliance with the Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act, an Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) is required for each of the following projects:
- Innergex Renewable Energy Inc.: Sundog Hydroelectric Project & Pelican Hydroelectric Project
- Stone Creek Resorts Inc.: Stone Creek Gondola Project
- TransAlta Corporation: Brazeau Pumped Storage Hydro Expansion Project
- Town of Canmore: Cougar Creek Debris Flood Retention Structure
- Alberta Transportation: Springbank Offstream Reservoir Project
- AHP Development Corporation: Amisk Hydroelectric Project
- Cyclus Power Inc.: Cavus Pump Storage Generation Project
The Natural Resources Conservation Board Act requires the NRCB to determine whether projects that require an EIA are in the public interest. The NRCB contributes to developing the terms of reference for the EIAs, and the EIA forms a significant part of the formal application to the Board.
The NRCB has received the application from the Town of Canmore, and is waiting for the other applications.